New York City Sign & Lighting Company
Max Serota established Serota Signs in the late 1920s. He was a sign painter by trade who immigrated to the United States from Russia in 1902. From modest beginnings, Serota Signs grew into the 1930’s and 40’s to become one of the largest and most important sign companies in New York. Max Serota and his team designed, manufactured and installed custom storefront signs across New York’s five boroughs for clients such as; Packard Cars, Stetson Hats, Hotel New Yorker, Bond Clothing Stores, Chevrolet, Dodge/Plymouth, Barricini Candy, Beck Shoes, F.W. Woolworth…just to name a few.